Sunday, July 6, 2014

Hannifah Brown | What She Represents


Through out my time at The Red Shield Salvation Army, I had the opportunity to meet a great deal of lively children. Children of large families, only children, twins, and children with out parents. These children, bright eyed and energized functioned as most children do; attending school, playing with each other, and taking in all that they saw. However, these children must hold on to their childhood harder than anyone their age. The amount of "life" these children have experienced in such a short amount of time is truly unreal and sometimes scary. Losing parents, violence in the home, homelessness, and unimaginable hardship. Yet, there was Hannifah Brown. 

 {Hannifah and her little brother Rasul!}

As bright as the sun, Hannifah shined amongst her peers! Her spirit, her energy, humor, smile, and heart was one of the most beautiful things I witnessed at the Red Shield! Being one of 6 siblings and coming out of a strick muslim home, Hannifah let her character shine through her personality and she didn't let a "little" issue like homelessness dim her smile! A good student and a very imaginative young lady, Hannifah flourished at every arts activity presented to her! I LOVED my time with her! Her spirit was so inspiring to me and thank God her and her family were able to get on their feet and move out of the shelter, but to this day I miss this little girl! She was truly my favorite!!! <3 

("Wake Up, Everybody!" The Roots/John Legend f.Melanie Fiona & Common. I invite you to listen!) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAFfAtRwhUs&list=PL4418EEA9FA12F2F6&index=3 

No comments:

Post a Comment