Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Mike O'Bryan | Red Shield Supervisor

Ever since I was a freshman, I have received the chance to meet some amazing people at the university and in the Greater Philadelphia area, but I think one of the most influential people that I have met is my mentor Mike O'Bryan. During my two years as a SISPA/Community Scholars volunteer I worked for Mike at his job and learned a great deal. Michael attend the University of the Arts and graduated in 2006 with his Undergrad in Vocal Music. He went off to work in non-profit at the Salvation Army Red Shield Family Residence as the Youth Services Director. Over the years he has nurtured an interest in children in me and now it has become on of my passions. Both Mike and I came from trauma house holds when we were children and so we relate closely to the children that we helped at the Red Shield. Mike personally can speak to the psychological implications of children who have been faced with trauma at a very young age and I am so lucky to have met such a committed, passionate leader of the community! 

No comments:

Post a Comment